Is login.gov legit? This website is for the people of the United States to have one account for all the documentation and services. It is directly affiliated with the government and has a simple sign-up procedure. Read further to know more.
What is login.gov?
Login.gov is a government website with all the services in one place and connects it with one user account. You can privately log in to any website using this. J. Amos Stone is the director of the association. Read further for more specifications:
- Their vision is to allow the citizens to securely log in at one particular interface for all the government issues.
- You don’t have to bother remembering different usernames and passwords because all of them will be in one place
- They have given all the information about their teammates working on the website.
- It is an innovative project of the General Services Administration and USDS(United States Digital Services).
- Due to the affiliation of trusted identities, they have created a cross-agency link that helps the public enter government websites.
- Obama made it compulsory for all the government agencies to possess an online portal for their services.
- They use shared technology for more consistent protection and to reduces the use of multiple accounts on various platforms.
- Login.gov developer worked with 18F and USDS to invent a code that already existed on the MyUSCIS website.
- MyUSCIS is a platform for people who want to issue a green card.
- After a lot of contemplating login.giv was put forth in 2017.
- It has three languages modes.
Continue reading to know is login.gov legit?
How to create an account on login.gov?
Are you looking for a guide to create a new account on login.gov? Follow these steps:
- First, make sure your device has an active internet connection then, proceed to your web browser.
- Search login.gov and load the page completely.
- Go to the menu and select create a new account option.
- Then you will have to fill in your details.
- First, enter your email address, and using a personal email id is preferable.
- Then create a password of almost 12 characters, avoid using common words.
- Follow the further prompts.
- You can be asked to provide any social security number according to the agency you link.
- Your account is successfully created.
Is login.gov legit?
Many services of the United States like Jobs, employment, finances are asking users to use login.gov account. It is an easy and all-in-one platform for all government services. We did a comprehensive analysis of the website and found some red flags. It has received a trust score of 23.4%. This suggests it to be a suspicious and untrustworthy domain. We recommend you do a background check before affiliating with them.
You must know that you cannot share your account with anyone else. Each citizen must have a personal account.
Reviews on login.gov
We found a mixed response about this platform. The majority of the users were confused about its services and why they use SMS in 2FA. A lot of people wonder, is login.gov legit? The platform is launched by the government but, it has some issues which make people doubt its authenticity. There are no social media handles linked to the website so, we couldn’t gather much response on open sources. We do not have enough data to pass any strong judgment.
Is login.gov legit? It is a government website so, there can be no doubt about its legitimacy. But looking at its suspicious trust score and negative reviews we, cannot make any claims. You can go through the website and read their terms, policies to get a better insight.